Green Chili Burger A burger that will make you say olé! Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 5 minutes
Servings: Serves 4
- 4 fully cooked burger patties
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained
- 4 slices Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger bunsSalsa picante
1. Heat burgers in microwave according to package directions. Cut onion into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Grill onions about 2 minutes on each side, until soft and golden.
3. Meanwhile, split green chilies and lay flat over top of burger. Lay 1 slice cheese over each; return to microwave briefly to melt cheese.
4. Heat buns in microwave or oven until warm. Spread salsa on buns. Place burger patties on buns and top with grilled onions.