Soft Shell Crab Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup flour (approximately) Old Bay Seafood seasoning
- 4 soft shell crabs, fresh or thawed, cleaned
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
1. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season it with the seasoning.
2. Fill a skillet with oil to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat it over medium high heat until a pinch of flour foams instantly on hitting the oil. Reduce the heat to medium low.
3. Dredge the crabs in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess and cook as many as will fit in the oil at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
4. While the crabs are cooking put lettuce and tarter sauce on bottom half of each bun. Drain fried crabs on paper towels and put on sandwiches.
Serve at once.