My Mother has made these bars for as long as I can remember. They were also the very first thing I ever made in the kitchen as a child. They are simple and oh so tasty!
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Combine the oats, butter or margarine, white sugar and brown sugar and press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low heat. Spread over the top of the baked oatmeal mixture. Cool and cut into squares.
Original recipe yield: 24 bars.