Broccoli Cheese Soup tender cuts of broccoli smothered in a creamy cheese broth.
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh broccoli
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. Velveeta Pasteurized Cheese Spread
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch mixed with 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint half-and-half
1. Steam or boil (and drain) broccoli until tender.
2. Place 2 cups of water and half and half in top of double boiler. Add cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir frequently until cheese has melted; add broccoli.
3. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir to combine. Add to cheese mixture; heat over simmering water until soup thickens, stirring.