Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
- 14 oz Bag caramels, remove wrappers
- 5 oz Can evaporated milk
- 1 Box German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1/2 c Margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 c Walnuts, chopped
- 6 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt caramels with 1/3 cup milk in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Combine remaining milk, mix and margarine.
2. Mix well. Press half of cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with 1 cup walnuts, chocolate pieces over the crust; top with caramel mixture spreading to the edges of the pan. Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture.
4. Sprinkle with walnuts — press lightly into the top. Bake for 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into bars.