- 1/4 cup Heinz
- 57 Sauce
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1-cup glass measure, combine ingredients. Microwave on HIGH
- 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly; set aside.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion,
- 1/2-inch slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 crusty white or whole wheat rolls, split Lettuce
1. Shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place onion slices on grid overmedium, ashcovered coals. Grill onions, uncovered, 5 minutes.
2. Add patties; continue to grill, uncovered, 1 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender and burger centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally. Season burgers with salt after turning, if desired.
3. Approximately 2 minutes before burgers are done, brush generously with sauce mixture; top with cheese.
4. Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce. Top each with burger, grilled onion and sauce. Close sandwiches