French Dressing a Brown Derby original with just the right “zing” adding a great flavor to their famous Cobb Salad. Also goes very well on your favorite salads and makes a tasty dressing for those chicken/veggie and cheese sandwiches.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups salad (vegetable) oil
1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except oils. Blend well; add oils and mix well. Transfer to a large jar with cover and refrigerate.
2. Shake well before using. This dressing will keep well in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.