Deep Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 lg Prunes, pitted
- 3 lg Egg whites
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
- 18 tb Flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 c Sugar, granulated
- 1/2 c Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Baking soda
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 tb Sugar, powdered
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 2-3/4″ muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In food processor, puree prunes and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Scrape puree into large bowl.
3. With electric mixer, beat together prune puree and 1/2 cup water. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix completely.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool on rack. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.