- 2 1/2 pounds cabbage — green
- 2 large carrots — (3/4 Pound)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise — Hellmann’s Preferred
- 1/4 cup white vinegar — serve to taste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard — prepared
- 1 cup raisins
- 1) Trim the tough outer leaves from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage into
quarters and cut away the core from the cabbage pieces.
finely shred the cabbage.
There should be about 8 cups.
Peel the carrots and trim the ends.
Grate them on the coarse side of a grater.
2) Stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and mustard together in a large bowl until blended.
Add the cabbage, carrots, and raisins and toss to coat with the dressing.
Let stand, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator for at least a few hours and toss well before serving.