- 2 English muffins, split, toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- fresh ground pepper
- Herbed Cheese Sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese
- chives, fresh
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk, return to heat and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; stir in Cheddar cheese, basil.
- Adjust salt and cayenne pepper to personal taste, remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium heat, brown Canadian bacon on both sides, remove and
- Beat the yogurt with with egg substitute and pour into skillet that was used for bacon.
- As the egg mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift the cooked portions with spatula so
that uncooked portion can flow to bottom.
- Avoid constant stirring.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened throughout but still moist.
- Place 1 slice bacon on each muffin half.
- Divide eggs among the muffin halves, top with about 2 tablespoons sauce, and grate Parmesan
cheese on top.
- Add a few grinds of fresh pepper to each serving and sprinkle with freshly snipped chives.
- Serve with fresh fruit for a delightful brunch for 4.