BROWN SUGAR PECAN
- 1 cup milk
- 1 scant packed cup brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup pecan pieces
1. Heat the cream. milk and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is hot. place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk briefly.
2. Stil whisking, slowly pour in about 1 cup of the hot liquid. When the mixture is blended, slowly pour it into the liquid in the saucepan, whisking constantly.
3. Cook over heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon, about 8 minutes.
4. Be sure not let the mixture boil at any time or will curdle. strain into a clean bowl and cool thoroughly. Stir in the nuts. Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze.
Makes 5 cups.