Caramel Chocolate Brownies
- 8 oz Walnut pieces
- 1 Stick butter; softened-4oz
- 1 c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ts Vanilla extract
- 3 Squares unsweetened. Chocolate, melted (1 oz each)
- 2/3 c Flour plus
- 1/4 c Flour
- 12 1/4 oz Jar caramel topping
- 12 oz Semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 c Heavy cream
- 1/2 c Flaked coconut
1. Coarsely chop walnuts. Measure out 1 cup and set aside. Finely chop remaining walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together 1 stick butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate.
3. Add 2/3 cup flour and beat until well blended. Stir in finely chopped nuts. Spread batter evenly in greased, foil-lined 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together caramel and remaining 1/4 cup flour until blended. Drizzle over partially baked brownies.
4. Sprinkle coarsely chopped nuts over top. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer, or until bubbly.