Brook Trout Meuniere
- 6 brook trout
- 1 milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pepper
- 1 peanut oil
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 lemon slices
- 1 chopped parsley
1. Clean the trout, remove the fins, but leave the head and tails on. Dip in milk and drain well.
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper. Roll fish in mixture.
3. Heat enough peanut oil in a skillet to cover the bottom to a depth of about 1/4 inch. When hot, add trout and brown well on both sides.
4. When cooked, remove to a hot serving platter.
5. Pour off the fat from the skillet and wipe well with paper towels. Add the butter and cook until it is hazelnut brown. Pour the butter over the trout. Garnish with lemon and parsley.