- 2 pints blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a 3-quart saucepan combines blueberries, sugar and orange juice.
2. Mash berries slightly and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or blender. Push mixture through a strainer with the back of a wooden spoon.
4. Cool the mixture. In the chilled canister of ice-cream maker combine blueberry mixture, cream and vanilla. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.